Friday, July 25, 2008

Questions About Clicker Training

I have a couple of questions.

I am wondering if I should go back to Little Man after we have ended a session, or if that is a bad idea. Sometimes I will click and treat again, and sometimes I will just rub his face and talk to him a minute.

I don't go after him if he is not coming towards me, or otherwise initiating contact. I am also wondering about ending sessions with a special treat. Is that a good idea? I was thinking it signifies to him that the session is over, so he doesn't wonder about it.

I am anxious to learn more. I am thinking that I will go ahead and work on targeting for a few days, since he is so nervous about my touching his shoulder. I am thinking about taking the face brush out and having him target that. How long should those sessions be? We usually work anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. He just needs so much help, and I have to admit that the past six months I have felt pretty inadequate to give it to him. I appreciate all the advice and encouragement here. Thanks so much.

Blessings on you,
Kelly

No comments: