Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 55

Today was Little Man's day off, but I did go out with the clicker. I wanted to get some marigold spray on him, and didn't want to mess up the progress we have made by trying to do it without the clicker. He stood pretty well, though he tensed when I got to his withers and sides. I only wiped his sides just behind his shoulders. I tried to move the rag down to his leg, but he moved away at that. Once I gave him all his wormer, I stopped wiping and petted him for a minute.

I went out again around 6:00 p.m. or so. I just took a couple of peanut butter crackers with me. I petted him for a few minutes, then gave him a cracker. I asked him to walk with me, and he did. I petted him again and gave him the other cracker. He followed me back to the gate, and I petted him for another minute or so. I noticed that there were not many flies on his face and neck, so the marigold spray worked as far as flies go. However, there were mosquitoes all over him, so I'll have to find something else to repel them.

No comments: